Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Settling the score(board)

There simply aren't enough hours in a day, especially on my day off. I woke up pretty early and picked up some plexi for the monitor bezel. When I returned home I immediately cut the few remaining pieces of wood needed for interior bracing.

Click image thumbnails for bigger pics.






No, the plexi isn't blue - its clear. That's just the protective covering. Surprisingly the plexi fit in perfectly. Once I had it temporarily in place, I got to work on the scoreboard support.






I cut the holes for the speakers and scoreboard, then mounted them with some wood screws. The speakers are smaller then they should be, so I'm considering replacing them at some point.






Naturally I don't have the carriage bolts necessary to permanently attach the scoreboard plexi, so I just kind of wedged it in place for the time being. I really need some speaker grills now ...






This is pretty much how the completed cabinet will look. Aside from an electronic nightmare, all I need to do is black out the areas of the plexi around the monitor.

The newly hotrodded PC should be ready for the big move into the cabinet by this weekend. Who knows ... I could have a fully-functioning Dragons Lair cabinet by this Sunday.