Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Making cents of it all

Progress has still been relatively slow due to snowy/cold weather and some personal issues (that are just fine now). I received my one and only ebay purchase for the Dragon's Lair cabinet, which was the coin door. This thing is a monster in comparison to the coin door on the Marvel Super Heroes cabinet. I'm just about ready to mount the monitor now. I still haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to go about things, but I'm sure a solution will present itself.

Click image thumbnails for bigger pics.






Mounting the coin door is pretty straightforward. Basically I just cut a hole and screwed it in place from inside.






Looks like its relatively straight and level. Once I get the PC inside, I'll be able to run power to the lights.






Here's a shot of the control panel with renewed joy in my joystick.

The snow is gone and it looks like the weekend will be clear, but cold (around 16°F for the high on Friday). I should be able to get outside and make the few remaining cuts to get the scoreboard mounted. Here's hoping, anyways ...