Friday, January 19, 2007

Just screw it

I know its been a while since I've updated. That's because, well ... I haven't done anything to warrant an update. Today I received the marquee screws and joystick carriage botls from QuarterArcade. Both the marquee and joystick are now secured in all their screwed in and bolted on goodness. The castors were also screwed into the bottom of the cabinet, so moving it around is quite simple. This was important because access to the innards is solely from behind. The castors are mounted recessed and you can't tell by looking at the cabinet that its on wheels. The last bit of screwing around involved mounting the marquee light. It was a simple process involving two screws. I plugged it in and was happy there was no hum coming from the light.

I also ordered a long, three-pronged power cord for the Dragon's Lair cabinet so I can have one nice black cord coming out of the back of the cabinet. Basically it will serve as an extension cord for the power strip mounted inside the cabinet. I still need to pick up the angle iron to make the monitor mounting brackets. I'm reluctant to mount the monitor until the coin door arrives because I'd have to remove the monitor to install the coin door. I'm also awaiting the arrival of the remaining components to make a custom cable for the scoreboard.

Nothing picture-worthy just yet. I'll be sure to snap some when I get to mounting the monitor and wire up the control panel.