Sunday, December 31, 2006

Playing the (re)name game

I've been sleeping like crap all week, so I decided to be somewhat lazy today. [Translation: No progress was made today on the Dragon's Lair cabinet.] I did, however, make some progress with the existing arcade cabinet. While surfing around the net, I found the marquee and instruction card art for Marvel Super Heroes. The really cool (geeky) thing about the instruction cards is that they're in Japanese. Since Becca and I have had an anime theme throughout the house for some time now, it seems almost appropriate. I also found an instruction card for X-men vs. Street Fighter. While not necessarily part of the Marvel Super Heroes motif, it sports a diamond plate background that matches the control panel. It also doesn't say X-men vs. Street Fighter on the card, so it looks like a nice generic addition.

Since I wasn't able find a Marvel vs Capcom marquee, this seems to be an acceptable compromise. I'll get all three instruction cards printed, along with the marquee art, and decide on the final layout once everything is in hand. Since the existing arcade cabinet project is nearly complete, I went ahead and ordered one Capcom side decal. Providing I don't have a lazy relapse, the Marvel Super Heroes cabinet should be totally complete by the end of this week.

Pictures and diagrams coming soon ...