Friday, December 29, 2006

Catch-up doesn't cut the mustard

The events of the last few days are a bit fuzzy, but here's what I know to be true: I received the 20 feet of leather textured t-molding from t-molding.com. It came in one big coiled piece, so I'm already nervous about trimming it nice and neat. I also ordered and received the official NOS Capcom control panel overlay and overlay decals from QuarterArcade for my existing cab. Nice stuff! Like the Dragon's Lair control panel overlay, the Capcom overlay is heavy gauge stuff and should be durable enough to accept the abuse of everyday use. In theory, I should have the new control panel assembled within the next couple days. Its just a matter of motivation.

I arranged transportation for the wood necessary to being the Dragon's Lair fabrication, but then karma dealt a crushing blow: I tore my shoulder muscle (trying to get comfortable sleeping) and ended up in the ER until 3am Thursday morning. Fortunately I was able to make alternate arrangements and should be able to pick up the wood today. I'm still a but sore and my mobility is somewhat limited, but I think I can muster the strength to make some basic cuts before calling it a day. We shall see.

Repro marquee brackets and control panel are on the way. I really need the brackets to ensure my measurements are correct. I don't want to cut the wood for the marquee until I have them in hand. I should have cut the wood for the base with the scrap I've had all along, but that would have been too smart for me. Ah well...

Now I really need a digital camera to snap pictures of the assembly process. There's a chance I'll move forward without taking pictures, as much as that defeats the purpose of this blog. Maybe I'll just snap some pix with the trusty 35mm camera and post them later.

I just got a call from my bro-in-law saying he's on his way with a truck to pick up the wood. W00t! More updates in a bit...