Saturday, December 23, 2006

Minor update - major cash

Existing cab: The ebay auction for the Capcom control panel overlay has hit roughly the same amount as the one at QuarterArcade, so I think my options are relatively clear. Might as well get the official Capcom control overlay stickers while I'm at it.

Dragon's Lair cab: Today I tore apart some Aiwa speakers I had lying around and found that they'd fit nicely in the Dragon's Lair cabinet. While far from arcade accurate, I feel this is one area where I can afford to take the cheap way out. I mean, who's ever going to see them? Once I find some speaker grills, it'll be my dirty little secret.

Thanks to the Dragon's Lair Project (see links), I found a guy that makes reproduction marquee brackets. Seems that everyone who has bought a set from him raves about them, but I have a hard time justifying the $65.00 expense for two pieces of bent metal. Perhaps I'm just old and don't comprehend modern economics. At any rate, I sent him an email agreeing to sell away my soul for his wares. He also has an original Cinematronics coin door for sale at the low, low price of $167.50. Odds are that this project won't stay arcade accurate for long.